Complete France Forum

French scrappage scheme

CeeJay

I probably spend more than half the year in France and have a small Peugeot 106 kept there but I am not fiscally resident. Therefore is it possible for me to take advantage of the French scrappage scheme for old cars or does one have to be fiscally resident.

Additionally, are French motor dealers giving discounts off new cars, for cash, in addition to the scrappage scheme, or is it one or the other.

[quote user="Ceejay"]I probably spend more than half the year in France and have a small Peugeot 106 kept there but I am not fiscally resident. Therefore is it possible for me to take advantage of the French scrappage scheme for old cars or does one have to be fiscally resident.

Additionally, are French motor dealers giving discounts off new cars, for cash, in addition to the scrappage scheme, or is it one or the other.

[/quote]

If your car is French-registered and over 10 years old, then it would appear that it is eligible, so long as you buy a reasonably economical car to replace it and (obviously) you have a French address at which to register it.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="krusty"]Is the French scheme the same as the UK one ?i.e. "It must be first registered  before 31 August 1999"[/quote]

No: The first registration date must be ten years or more before the invoice date of the new car.

Regards

Pickles

Archived