Complete France Forum

Price of new cars in France

Mr Coeur de Lion

Just got some advertising gumf from Peugeot through the post this morning advertising their 207 range.

I have a little 206CC that cost €20k when I bought it new 4 years ago. It is top of the range, but petrol. The diesel version was €4k more at the time.

They are now selling the diesel version of the new 207CC for just under €19k. You can pick up the standard 207CC for €14k.

Jeez, if only I had the money. What a drop.

Have second hand cars been hit as much, or are they still strongish?

My poor little car got smashed to bits in my accident.  I was paid out by the insurance and a year later when I got out of hospital, I bought a more expensive model (2nd hand), a year newer than my wreck had been, with 20k less on the clock, for the same amount as the insurance had paid out!  Yes, I'd say 2nd hand cars have dropped too - and this one from a dealer who gave a year's guarantee.

You can get a diesel 207 with 3 doors for €12k. They haven't quoted for the petrol version in this leaflet. So I dare say the petrol version will cost about the same as your quote given diesels are always more expensive to buy.

Hang on, saloon 207? They don't do a saloon version, do they? They're all hatchbacks apart from the CC versions.

Edit, just done a search, and apparently you can. Don't like it to be honest. Looks very strange.

I can't remember exactly which spec of engine or 3/5 door, I meant car as opposed to convertible, but the prices of peugeot seem quite close UK or Europe, so perhaps they are getting some parity in price levels? I'm still undecided and could go either way, but probably UK due to regulation driving a french car in Uk. I have looked at Kia, Hyundai (not for me, I'm with Jeremy on this one) then Peugeot, Fiat, Suzuki, The old Golf is not long for this world but the smaller stuff lacks that certain Je ne sais quoi.

Archived