Complete France Forum

Help with accident

SC

[quote user="AnOther"]I disagree.

that is the whole point of the Constant, a binding agreement of the facts which, if you don't agree with, you don't sign.

[/quote]

So is it a legal requirement in France to carry these forms in the car?

What would happen if the light was poor, or the sun in your eyes - in the case of a door left open onto the road? To me, it really seems irresponsible to have a door opened onto the road for any length of time, causing an obstruction! I have discussed this with OH and several neighbours, and they all agree.  Surely he should have asked somebody to stand back and warn traffic or perhaps use his triangle to indicate obstruction.

This is getting a bit silly now, lets recap what happened:

[quote user="Sc"]One of our guests was loading his car through the offside rear door whilst it was in a marked parking bay parallel with and next to the roadway. A postman driving on the road hit and badly damaged the door; fortunately missing our guest who was between the door and his car.
[/quote]

So no one is saying that the door was left open unattended, or for any length of time, and on the face of it it seems that the postie not only failed to see the door but also the guest suggesting that he might need his eyes tested, and remember he has admitted responsibility.

[quote user="Swissie"]What would happen if the light was poor, or the sun in your eyes - in the case of a door left open onto the road? [/quote]Swissie, I'm sorry to say this, but I think that's a terrible principle.  "What would happen if the light was poor, or the sun in your eyes" and you drove into a child, or somebody crossing the road in a wheelchair?

Do you think that if the light is poor, or the sun is in your eyes, you just keep driving and hope? No. If you can't see, you STOP. 

Archived