Complete France Forum

Registering a british car in new buyers name

lechastellux

Hello,

I am looking for some advise, I bought an MG in the UK just before xmas and was intending to reregister in my name in France so have declared the property as exported have had the CT done and have obtained the certificate of conformity.

However a french friend would like to buy it, to avoid registering the car in my name and then him paying to also register it I would like to know if it is possible to simply register it directly in his name?

I have called into our local office who couldn't help and suggested that I call the main office who couldn't help and told me to speak to the Douanes.

I have bought several cars in the UK before and have always registered them in my name but can't see the point in paying the registration fee twice.

Thank you in advance for any advise.

Sally

Thanks for the info as I don't really want the prefecture to earn several hundred extra euros for nothing. I would rather be able to reduce the price of the car.

To the second poster the MG is a modern car 2001. I believe that for the older models no CC is required but I understand that it can be hard work, you could either try the MG owners club in France (we found them very helpful in the past) or Lindsay at mgrccservices who issued ours.

Let me know if you would like her email address.

I believe that it's possible if your local prefecture is helpful and understanding.

Sally

Archived