Complete France Forum

French Peage

elamessa

I have been told that the French Peages have/are changing over to unmanned booths so that you may use any booth whether you use cash, card or telepeage.

A friend went back to the UK Easter Monday and in his opinion it failed miserably, not helped by more queues forming than the number of functioning pay machines at most pay stations, and the complete incomprehension of many of the French, ably helped by the non-French, to understand what went where, how often, or why! Result, very slow throughput, long queues, much shuffling between lanes, and several solo driven RHD vehicles in lanes with the slots all on the passenger's side (a proportion have slots both sides, but impossible to detect which from the ends of the queues): in short a chaotic waste of time with 30 minutes being the worst delay.

Anyone else hear about this.

Steve

[quote user="elamessa"]I have been told that the French Peages have/are changing over to unmanned booths so that you may use any booth whether you use cash, card or telepeage.[/quote]

Unmanned booths are hardly a new development.

Could "the complete incomprehension of many of the French" have been caused by "several solo driven RHD vehicles in lanes with the slots all on the passenger's side"?

I have noticed that more lanes seem to be available for telepeage recently but as we never travel at peak times it's the left hand height restricted telepeage lane for us every time and never experienced any delays at all [:D]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="elamessa"]I have been told that the French Peages have/are changing over to unmanned booths so that you may use any booth whether you use cash, card or telepeage.[/quote]

Unmanned booths are hardly a new development.

Could "the complete incomprehension of many of the French" have been caused by "several solo driven RHD vehicles in lanes with the slots all on the passenger's side"?

[/quote]

What I understand was that most if not all the booths are becoming unmanned!!!

Archived