Complete France Forum

Plaque de Immatrication question.

Bugsy

I bought a 2nd-hand car last year, which had the old-style reg plates.

The garage offered the new plates as part of the deal, but the new plates show the dept as 15, Cantal, where the garage is located, rather than the 46 I had been promised...

Oh well, never mind...

You mean only the French would even come up with it don't you ?

Now I might be wrong here but I thought the new plates didn't have to have a departmental identifier. I seem to recall too that prior to their introduction the number was being dropped but due to public outcry to retain the locator it was allowed as an option.

That being so WTF does it matter what number you have on it and by extension, how it is fitted.

The argument that by fitting a sticker you compromise the integrity of the plate as a whole is just a joke.

[quote user="Chancer"]

Only the French would take heed of something as ridiculous as that [:'(]

Still shows you are integrating Bugsy [:)]

P.S. You could rivet the sticker on [;-)]

[/quote]

Not at all C, I've ordered one and will take the risk [:P]

As SD will know (he it was who gave me advice on changing our immatriculation), we changed our plates on changing address.  The garage asked whether we wanted the Dordogne, or indeed any other departement number, on it

I asked, is the price the same?  He said yes so I thought I might as well have the departement number as I felt I was getting a little more for my money![:D]

I pinched one when I went there for the 1984 grand prix, took me ages to find one that wasnt rivetted on, I fitted it to my ride on lawn mower and forgot to remove it when I sold it [:(]

Quite a sexy item, looked like an American license plate and had 'Principaute de Monaco' embossed on it in large letters.

Archived