Complete France Forum

Relevé d'Informations?

Daft Doctor

Hi

I decided to change my car insurer when my contract is up on 31st March.  I have been insured in France since mid-April, so when I organised my new insurance with Amaguiz I sent all my driving history from the UK, my renewal note from Allianz and my current policy schedule, including proof of my 0,5 coeff de reduction. 

Amaguiz are telling me my record is incomplete and are asking me for a relevé d'informations from my current insurer.  Furthermore, even though I am not insured through them until 1st April they are threatening me with cancellation of my policy if I don't get this relevé to them by 1st May.  I am a bit confused (not for the first time since arriving in France) so my questions are: 1. Is this usual policy?  2. Do I have to wait until my policy with Allianz expires on 31st March before I can request a relevé d'informations, or 3.  Are they sent out routinely?  4. Anything else relevant to this that I should be aware of?

I am terrified of them cancelling my policy for what would be an administrative reason, as I would then have to declare that in perpetuity, no doubt leading to further rejections and higher premiums for something which isn't my fault.  Any help, advice, reassurance most appreciated!

Archived