Complete France Forum

Citroen C4 Picasso...water ...

Russethouse

[quote user="Russethouse"]We've never had to check this on any other car...it seems odd that we do on this one...[/quote]

As I remarked, Similar drain valves are installed on most/many cars.

Those I have seen in the past have been simply a short flexible tube flattened at the outer end, so they are often held open by small sticks and debris rather than blocked, but I suppose this depends on the design of the valve and sort of debris that collects in the bottom of the fresh air plenum.

There are cars that have electric connections in the plenum .  In the case of Rovers the engine management  box   ( printed circuit )  is mounted in there and they ended  up submerged as the plenum fills up with water over time . Go round a tight bend and the water moves  to the end of the plenum onto the electrics and its a sudden stop ! The previous post re cleaning  debris out of  the plenum  regularly is good advice and could be a big money saver if the engine management  box is in  there .

Lovely to read about those good old cars. We've mostly had older

ones too apart from when my husband had company cars years ago and had

them replaced every 2 years for free. We had an old Porsche for yearswhich did about

150,000 miles (my husband's favourite car) and brought in a useful amount

at auction, also 2 Saab 9000s (my favourite cars and such a comfortable ride), which we got rid of

when big expenditure loomed; they both did about 185,000 miles. The

second Saab was sold off for charity - didn't bring in much for

them, but better than nothing.

I bought my sister-in-law's VW

Polo a couple of months ago; I sold my old Polo through 'We Want Your

Car', which I'd never heard of before, just 'We Buy any Car', who

offered peanuts; they were very thorough and I got a fair price for it

(I wanted a quick sale, as we were about to leave for France).

Russet, I am so glad that you posted this item. After a few days browsing the problem, this afternoon I decided to check the Picasso over. As I stated in a previous post the car is kept in a garage so should not get bits in the drainage area. However over the Christmas period we went to stay with our Daughter in Lincolnshire for a few days. I parked the car under a tree. I remember it being a bit breezy at the time and thought no more about it until this afternoon. First I checked the doors at the bottom, they had drain holes in them that were clean and unblocked. Then I looked at the bottom of the windscreen in the dwell. There is a hole at both sides in the dwell. The passenger side had a small pine cone stuck in it and the drivers side had some bark stuck in it !. Its easy to see how things develop from there. The hole is about 2cm diameter so fairly large items could get beyond this point and into the inaccessible area.

So tomorrow I will probably find some small mesh an stick some in the holes to stop the debris getting any farther. Then if I dare I will pour water on the windscreen and hope that it comes out somewhere.

We have a Grand C4 Picaso and I haven't heard about this one before. I am a member of the C4 forum and had a look on there (perishing forum for everything these daze init already [:'(] )

This is what I found and it could be the air con that's starting it off?

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.5.100

I have heard of this pipe getting loose before, but never checked it? I'll have a think about it now me-thinks..

Archived