Complete France Forum

Spain, not France but they must be short of funds

Bugsy

It is a well known tax and something the Spanish solicitor should have pointed out perhaps.

A friend of mine has just bought a place in Tenerife.  It was on the market for ages at €70k, it seems there are many such places up for sale as Brits and others are desparate to sell up and go back to the UK.  He eventually got it for €30k and was assesed for 10% tax on a 'real' price of €60k.  He was quite OK with this, as he said, he got a cracking place for half the price of a year ago

I have a friend with a property in Tenerife who reckons that they are going up in value, so reading that has made me wonder. As they are not thinking of selling, then it doesn't really matter anyway.

[quote user="Théière"]They don't mention that on "A Place in the Sun"

[/quote]

And not much about eligibility for health care or indeed anything to do with health insurance, etc.  Mind you they do, now and again, say something like "the hospitals here are excellent" in a sort of broad brushstroke way and you could see it all just being glossed over.

I watch to see the different countries and especially different parts of France .  Gives you a bit of a flavour if, like me, you have no plans to visit in the forseeable future[8-|]

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Théière"]They don't mention that on "A Place in the Sun"

[/quote]

I watch to see the different countries and especially different parts of France .  Gives you a bit of a flavour if, like me, you have no plans to visit in the forseeable future[8-|]

[/quote]

I watch the swimming pools [:)] mind you with a big telly it's like a mini break if you pour a glass of wine [;-)]

Archived