Complete France Forum

Scrapping cars

sophus1968

Hi

I am trying to wrap up my father's estate in France and need to scrap 3 cars on his property. There is no paperwork for any of them, the owner of 2 of them is dead and my father who i think owns one of them is in a care home in the UK. Do i have any hope of getting them towed away without the appropriate paperwork? Is my best bet to talk to one of the official scrap yards?

Any advice gratefully received.

[quote user="sophus1968"] ... and need to scrap 3 cars on his property. There is no paperwork for any of them. [/quote]

This might sound daft but have you looked in the gloveboxes of the cars for the missing paperwork ?

Sue

You want gyppos rather than a proper scrapyard which will want correct paperwork and probably charge you for the pleasure.

Around town there are often flyers stuck up by people collecting scrap metal, or search "enlevement d'epave" on www.leboncoin.fr to see if anyone near you does this.

Ask around for un ferrailleur they will probably not pay you anything for them but neither should you have to pay them either, they will know what bits they have to chop it up into to weigh it in at their local casse, everyone just has to play the game or be seen to be playing the game.

My pal has 6 to dispose of like yours having just bought the Clampett families farm, he has just had 2 1/2 tractors taken away.