Complete France Forum

Black roadside silhouettes

Hoddy

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="mint"][quote user="Théière"][quote user="Cendrillon"]I have seen none for a long time in the Charente Maritime.

[/quote]

Pedant time, is it possible to see none?

[/quote]

Yes, unless None doesn't want to be seen?

[/quote]

That's why nuns go around in pairs, so that one nun can see that the other nun has none. So it implies that you can have none, init [:-))] Seen or obscene?

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="mint"][quote user="Théière"][quote user="Cendrillon"]I have seen none for a long time in the Charente Maritime.

[/quote]

Pedant time, is it possible to see none?

[/quote]

Yes, unless None doesn't want to be seen?

[/quote]

That's why nuns go around in pairs, so that one nun can see that the other nun has none. So it implies that you can have none, init [:-))] Seen or obscene?

[/quote]I

Indeed, Jonz, but see here, old chap, we will have none of that on the Forum, all right?..................sigh.................

• 2 weeks later...
We had two of them on the main road to town for many years to represent the deaths of two people on that stretch and I think to be honest they just went rotten and were removed. I noticed the other day, a sign for a bus stop had been decorated with a brown coat, a hat and some twigs for hands, talk about off-putting when you are driving along from laughing. Signs and publicité along main routes have to be inspected once per year by the people who put them up to make sure they are still safe (we had to do this when I was on the tourist office admin board and some were on the main dual carriageway) as the owners are liable if they fall down or blow in the road!

Archived