Complete France Forum

Annual Car Hire Insurance Policy

Pickles

I bought a new annual car hire insurance excess policy today, and as I was idly perusing the policy document, I was surprised to note that the company (Questor) will sell this policy to people resident in most of Europe: not just the UK. If anyone is interested, you can get a discount by looking at Martin Lewis's moneysavingexpert site.

I have used them for a couple of years and indeed tested the system last year when a sharp stone put a nasty cut into a hire car tyre sidewall. They paid up promptly with no fuss.

Thanks Pickles!

I vowed I would do that whenever I next have to hire a car abroad, after having been stung by Hertz in Sicily for an amount equal to the prepaid car hire cost, just to cover excess.

Good to know it has worked for you.

Angela

[quote user="Pickles"]I have used them for a couple of years and indeed tested the system last year when a sharp stone put a nasty cut into a hire car tyre sidewall. They paid up promptly with no fuss.[/quote]

[quote user="Loiseau"]Good to know it has worked for you.

[/quote]

Thank you Pickles.

That's the nub of insurance; many policies sound good but the proof of the policy is in the reaction when help is needed.

Sue

It's good to know that it covers people throughout Europe, Pickles. The company also covers everyone resident in Europe and we've also been very pleased with them.

Insurance4carhire is one we've used for several years, after reading about it in one of the weekend newspaper travel columns. Our only claim was in December 2014, also for tyre damage, as we ripped one open while driving on a dark road while the Mistral was blowing and bringing bits of trees down; it wasn't a pretty sight.

They were excellent at dealing with our claim, and the full amount claimed was put in our bank account within days. It's not expensive and was worth every penny of the £40 we paid for a year's cover and more.

Archived