Complete France Forum

CT expired now what ?

chessie

Very little is ACTUALLY CHANGING with the test. Its a box-ticking excercise and little more. Categories of fails are being slightly reshuffled and some items like corrosion or serious fluid leaks are being included that were ignored before, bringing the test to a similar level to that of the UK MOT.

[quote user="dave21478"]"Frappe avec un interdiction de rouler" 

I dedramatized that in my mental translation in exactly the same manner as you Dave

I predict a wave of cheap cars on LeBonCoin from May which people cant get through, which is always good news for me. The CT is a farce anyway and always has been more about box-ticking than actual safety.[/quote]

But most of them will still want more than they paid for the vehicle 5 years ago!!!

Dave, you are the man, I thought of you when discussing this yesterday, friends selling their 2000 Xsara Picasso TDi, owned by them from new, low mileage for age 170000 kms, you probably wont get a better one, they said that no-one had responded to their Leconcoin ad despite it being cheaper and lower mileage than all the others. How much? I asked.

€2000 [:-))], is that really what the cote would be in France?

What would a RHD one be in the UK? I'm years out of touch but thought £500 max.

And people never seem to cut their losses, keep paying the insurance etc in the hope of selling, one of my renters has a new car but is still driving the old one here so he can park it up with a sale sign in the window, an old Toyota Aygo, must be at least 5 years old as he has had it 2 years and took it from his mum when she could not sell it after buying a new car, the price €6700 [:-))]

Just more boxes to tick because before the testers were seemingly incapable of actually specifying what had failed, instead of making them do so they have just replaced the categories like "corrosion et ou jeu anormale demi-train avant" etc with many more specific terms, it will likely still be a poor imitation of the UK MOT's as I remember them from 15 years ago and they will have moved forward since then.

I do like the shock absorber tester though, well I would if they used some sensible fail limits, at the moment all 4 can be pushing air around instead of fluid and they would still pass as long as they had been wiped clean.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]@ Another

I personally would not chancer it....that is what I am saying.

If you are driving around in a car with no CT and you have a crash and kill a child, grandma or santa then it will all end in tears.

Your insurance company will not come to your help.[/quote]

Yet again you are missing the point. There is a difference between using a car without a current CT and driving that same car to a pre-booked test.

You are obviously a liability on the road as you clearly don’t understand priorité à droite. It is vital that everybody using the road understands the rules over rights of way and the cars coming from your right are being driven correctly.

OOOh ..that is fitting talk Brit. Telling ALBF he can't drive. How very dare you ? Not one accident in France in two decades. Most of which was driving in Paris. I deserve a medal. I have had two whilst being stationary mind you. Two people decided to just drive into me because they were pissed or on the telephone.

Having said that, I must be totally integrated to have absolutely no understanding of the logic and rules for righthand priority. Do the French ?

They have just turned half the roads in our town into righthand priority. Trouble is they left the stop signs on the roads that have priority. Trouble also is that some roads have signs telling you have priority and some don't. Even the bus drivers don't know what is going on.

So the best way forward is to assume that anything coming from your right will have priority. Will they take it or will they not ??? Its a lottery.

This wonderful idea was sponsored by the local carrosserie firms.....of which (would you believe) are minutes away from the main road that has had all the roads entering it turned into a priority. Good for business.

Brit....don't drive in Marseille. Your rule book won't work. If the lights are red you go. If they are green you stop. LOL.

Archived