Complete France Forum

Parcel post

trevour

Has anyone experience/knowledge of an overseas shipping/delivery service, other than 'La Poste'  which is sooo expensive.

We need to send several carton lots (personal possessions), each less than 30 kg, to Australia. Surface/sea mail (10/12 weeks delivery time) is acceptable.

We live in Department 24.

Would be most grateful for any help/information.

Thank you for your information.

I am amazed 'la Poste' only offers air mail. Whilst I assume the French ship goods around the World, surface mail is not available.

We live in the Dordogne and would appreciate the location of these alternate shipping companies.

I can only assume you had/have a contract with these Companies and the rates quoted are Business rates.

Thanks

Another alternative might be a removals company.  They ship personal effects around the world all the time and it doesn't need to be a houseful.  If you're not too worried about the time it takes, the company just hang on to your boxes untill the have enough to fill a container and off it goes on a ship.  At the other end, you arrange for someone to pick it up.  Usually worked out on volume not weight so can be a lot less than posting.  I know there are several UK firms that offer this service and they also have a lot of business with people moving to the Dordogne, they could easily put your boxes on the truck on a return trip.

Archived