Complete France Forum

The Vendee comes third

The Vendee has just come third behind Haute Garonne (31) and Herault (34) as the best place to live in France. I thought this may be of general interest but especially informative for people thinking of purchasing in Frace. No doubt not everyone will agree!!!!!

A summary of the article from Ouest France can be found at www.inthevendee.com (I have no commercial interest in this site). The summary is the first item in Top Stories (centre page).

Click on the link below the summary to see the results for the whole of France.

Benjamin

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

Was very pissed off to read that the Gard came just 28th, with 'flat-as-a-pancake' Herault as high as 2nd !

[/quote]

Flat-as-a-pancake Herault?!  Try climbing my street!

Exciting survey, anyway.

Well despite the Creuse coming near the bottom - we love it here and are quite glad it stays off the house hunting schedule for many -

Enjoy where ever you live - polls and statistics are wonderful for polsters and statisticians.

We just enjoy our lives here  - very smug thank you all

James

Spot on, James.  It would be a boring old world if the same things appealed to everyone.  I loved holidays that we had in the Creuse, Jura, Tarn et Garonne and Dordogne in years past.  I can't see that living in any of these would be like moving to hell.  Sucks to pollsters (I used to be one!).

Phil

Phil ..............

Nothing! Just an attempted North vs South wind-up aimed at Mr Smith, but he didn't bite.

Actually, I remember having one of our best hols ever in a gite near Barneville-Cartaret. Probably our 1st ever French holiday. The owner was a French policeman who slept with his family in a tent in the garden when the house was rented out.

Seem to remember sailing back on the old Maid of Kent from Cherbourg.

Dick must be having a day off, or an off day.

I think we did the Maid of Kent once in the 80's - could that be right?  Overnight and hardly a wink of sleep because the cabin ceiling rattled so much.  Or that could have been a typical Brittany Ferries St Malo run.  Memory's hazy, all blends into one after a while!

Phil

[quote user="Cassis"] 

Memory's hazy, all blends into one after a while!

Phil
[/quote]

Or could be hazy after a few beerz, redz, pernodz, etc??????? Mine iz....[B][B][B]

Not flat in the Aude either....

John.

P.S. But it is nice and sunny and warm....

P.P.S. Hey forum adminne wherez all the iconz gonn? There used to be lotz!

Phil .......

I think we did the Maid of Kent once in the 80's - could that be right?  Overnight and hardly a wink of sleep because the cabin ceiling rattled so much.  Or that could have been a typical Brittany Ferries St Malo run.  Memory's hazy, all blends into one after a while!

Early-80's I reckon. The only reason I can be reasonably certain, is the age of our younger son (who was 2-3-ish then). BF used the Armorique for the St Malo-Portsmouth night run in high season - it was a nice ship in those days, but eclipsed by current standards. 

Archived