Complete France Forum

Long rental in La Rochelle? Short rental for July? Storage in 17!!

Hello all

We are moving to La Rochelle area in July and up to now have had a very limited choice of long term rental property.  We are going to move over in July to a short let (un-let gites?) and start the tedious search.  We have our dosier with all references etc with agents in La Rochelle and are ready to snap up a good place.  Our profile is 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 7).  All except me are bilingual!

The reason for my post is 3 fold.

1.  Does anyone know of a long term rent available in the area (as near to the city as possible), we need at least 120m2 space to live and a budget of up to €1200 per month.

2.  Does anyone have an un-let gite willing to do a deal with us from the first week of July until schools finish in the UK (or until we are sorted house wise!!)

3.  Does anyone have any storage in the 17 area that we can rent cheaply to put our house contents in, we require no ore than 70 square feet (not metres).

Thanks in advance.

Try sending a private message or emailing those who say that they live in the area?  There are quite a few.  I'm not far from La Rochelle but the wrong side of the Gironde for you (33 - Medoc).  Or post the message on the regional section.

Archived