Complete France Forum

Record keeping for AE - must all be on paper?

Daft Doctor

Hi, I wondered if there are any auto-entrepreneurs involved in e-commerce who could reassure me about record keeping under the AE scheme?  I have watched Valerie's short video on the subject and far from being simplified it sounded more onerous than our current arrangements in the UK.  My wife's ebay business uses paypal almost exclusively to receive payments and when we move to France in the spring she intends to become an AE and will open a paypal.fr account to reflect our change of residency.  We keep an electronic cash book of course, but as the paypal invoices are available online to both us and our customer we don't generate paper copies.  Is it really the case with AE status that every transaction must generate a paper copy invoice, one to be sent to the client and one to be kept on file?  If so, as we have 15-20 transactions per day it will be a stack of work as well as extra costs for paper, printer, etc as well as storage issues.  I just wonder in practice how anyone with either an AE ebay or online sales business has found things in practice in this respect.  Paypal.fr claims to be the 'natural partner' for the AE scheme, so do their invoices fulfill all the requirements of the scheme?  Thanks for any insight as always.  

I can't answer that specific question, but I hope there will be someone here who can.

You could join Valerie's site and put the question. She is very helpful and there is a Forum .

In general you will find French paperwork far more onerous in all fields. Make copies of everything and never send originals if you can possibly avoid it.

You will get used to two things

Dossier 'pièce manquante' ..they want a document that you sent,but somehow they have mislaid and you have to re-send several times.

Dossier perdu..they lose the whole file [:-))]

Archived