Complete France Forum

Negotiating payrise?

Gardener

I have seen a number of jobs in my field which pay more than I am earning (eg CDI smic), but only on 6 month contracts. But I would earn almost as much in 6 months as I am getting for the year taking into account the travel to work costs. If asking for a payrise doesn't work, and I don't think it will :/ could I later have problems with pole emploi if I left a CDI job for a CDD one?

Personally I wouldn't leave a CDI for a CDD, but if you do remember that you can have seven months chômage to top up the 6 months worked, giving a good total for that one year.

On the other hand at the end of that you will have no more 'droits'...

On the travel costs I used to opt for 'frais réals' on my tax declaration which usually took me out of tax altogether..

Are you getting an ancienneté prime? and if not, can you?

How do you feel about the chance of being unemployed when a contract runs out in the current climate?

If my son was asking me this at the moment, I'd be saying 'keep your job son'. But we are all different and maybe you fancy taking a risk.

Thanks to both of you.

I'm not much of a gambler so will probably stay put until I can find another CDI, I'm just a bit frustrated as I am doing the job of two people and its tac, tac, tac all the time.

Don't know I have been employed there long enough to qualify for the ancienneté primé especially as my first contracts there were CDD.

Archived