Complete France Forum

Job Search

angmacd22

I'm not being funny, but if you watch french news you'll see how very hard it is for french people to find work and how useless the Pole d'Emploi is at the moment. Maybe agencies are better.

Make sure that your french is very good is all I can say.

[quote user="NormanH"]....In any case unless your French is good you will be at a great disadvantage.

[/quote]

Should read...

[quote]In any case unless you are French you will be at a great disadvantage[/quote]

You will find very few employers will take on a foreigner before a local unless it is in a sector where there is a large shortage of French workers. Bear in mind many, if not most, professional qualifications earned anywhere other than France are worthless here.

As said, it depends entirely on what you want to do.

You can't really start applying for jobs now if you're not moving till next year, and the picture might change a lot between now and then (though hard to see it will get much better). But you could start looking to get a feel for what there is out there - not a lot - and the qualifications that you would need to apply for type of work you want to apply for. If you google something like 'emploi en ligne' you will find loads of sites, the one I probably look at most is http://www.indeed.fr/, they seem to catch most of the jobs that you find on the other sites.

But at this stage it probably makes more sense to focus on identifying companies you would like to work for and send them your CV and lettre de motivation, in French of course.

I wish you all the luck of the Irish.

Archived