Complete France Forum

Location & Property Search

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a property in France in the very near future in preparation for retirement. Until this time, although, I am very interested in acquiring a property.

I would very much appreciate any advice concerning up & coming areas within France, ideally near the coast or areas of particular potential with quite scenic and quiet surrounds.

In terms of the actual property, I am looking for at least a 4 Bedroom property with grounds/land and possibly a small lake & woodland and an outbuilding/stables...

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

A lot depends on the size of your budget. The coast tends to be expensive. There's no substitute for choosing 2or 3 areas then actually coming over with a car and driving round looking in estate agents to see what's available. France is a huge country and you need to narrow it down.  Pat.

We are in the Medoc with 150 miles of coast.  It is cheaper than elsewhere as it is relatively undiscovered and, in order to get to it, you need to take a ferry across the Gironde (or go round via Bordeaux).

The English speaking agents that we used were www.webterre.com

If you look at www.multimap.com, click on Franceh and type in 33930 Vendays-Montalivet to find out where the area is.

Archived