Complete France Forum

consuels visit

Trijohn

Following the consuels visit I have 2 unexplained points probably due to my poor french. 1) He has failed the kit of 3 halogen lights with one transformer situated in the roof as not suitable in this position 2) He has failed the interrupter differential with the comment ID 30ma/40 en tete sous disjoncture branchment 30/60. I would appreciate any help

The experts must be on holiday so rather than let you drop off the page unanswered here goes….

Could your disjoncteur problem be that you have a 40 amp protection device AFTER a main 30 Amp?

Re the lighting - assuming that the transformer is for voltage reduction rather than for isolation and the lighting is 12v; I don’t think there is any ‘volume’ location problem with the lights. The transformer itself must be outside volume 2.  The only other problem that I’m aware of is that sometimes people put the lights where they want them rather than in an area constrained by the supplied wiring.  In so doing they extend the system using ‘normal’ lighting cable.  Due to the much higher current drawn by these low voltage lights the inspector will fail the wiring.

Hope this helps.

[quote]Following the consuels visit I have 2 unexplained points probably due to my poor french. 1) He has failed the kit of 3 halogen lights with one transformer situated in the roof as not suitable in this ...[/quote]

"...He has failed the kit of 3 halogen lights with one transformer situated in the roof as not suitable in this position ..."

Might be an issue concerning ventilation/possible over-heating fire risk in the placve you have put it ?

paul

Archived