Complete France Forum

yet another plumbing question........

Alcazar

Does anyone know if flexible tap connectors etc are available in France?

The ones I like here have screwdriver operated valves in them, 1/2" tap connector on one end, and a 15mm push fit on the other. I know that 15mm isn't one of the French pipe standards, but what IS available?

And what about those taps that have "tails" on them, like mixers etc?

Alcazar

You can get what is called a 'Kit de raccordement mélanger' from most bricos (definitely at Castorama) which consists of a flexible pipe with a quarter turn shut off cock ( usually called a 'Vanne' I think). The cock usually has a small handle rather than a screw slot and comes in 12 & 14mm sizes. Costs around 20-25 euros.

With the correct adaptors you can easily join these to mixer taps as the name implies. Most mixer taps are 10mm connection but again the adaptors are readily available.

cheminot

[quote user="cheminot"]

You can get what is called a 'Kit de raccordement mélanger' from most bricos (definitely at Castorama) which consists of a flexible pipe with a quarter turn shut off cock ( usually called a 'Vanne' I think). The cock usually has a small handle rather than a screw slot and comes in 12 & 14mm sizes. Costs around 20-25 euros.

cheminot

[/quote]

Its me again! Obviously the forum has a zealous censorship policy when a legitimate plumbing term like c**k cannot be used!

Please substitute the word 'valve' for **** in the previous post.

cheminot

[quote user="cheminot"]

With the correct adaptors you can easily join these to mixer taps as the name implies. Most mixer taps are 10mm connection but again the adaptors are readily available.

cheminot

[/quote]

This is exactly what I have done in our kitchen and what I am about to do in the bathroom( well in May) I had to do it immediatley we got the house as water was leaking  everywhere and as the sink etc. was coming out I just ripped the lot straight out and put some shut off valves on the ends of the pipes until I got around to fitting the kitchen, then when I fitted the sink just connected the flexi pipes to the valves and turned them on[:D]

Archived