Complete France Forum

Best place for value tiles

Linden Arden

Hi there,

I need about 20-30 square metres of plain white bathroom wall tiles - which of the big chains (assuming they are the cheapest) would be best to go to.... I live in the Limousin but we have an imminent trip to Bordeaux planned (can't stay away from Ikea!) so most places wil be accessible....

Thanks in advance

Michigans if you have one near you as most of the tiles are end of line so just make sure you get enough so you dont have to go back as they may not have them anymore.

Steve

Both BricoLots and Kargo Hard Discount went broke about four years ago and since then I have not found any outlets in Limousin or Aquitaine which are any where near their prices. Paid about Euros 2.82 a square meter for a promo in Leroy Merlin in Janaury for 20 by 20 cms for the utility room. Paid Euros 3.50 in Castorama for 20 by 25 this April. In both cases they were on promo with no chance of ordering any more. If you do Bordeaux check out both Leroy Merlins are their promos vary. ( other one newly opened and is also just of the Rocade at Bouliac ) you can see it from the Rocade. I don't think Castorama at Merignac as opposed to Beagles is worth the trip, have not tripped L M at Merignac

20 by 25 in Brico Depot,  Castorama and LM were between Euros 7.45 and 7.50 on Friday. Michegan from memory only cover Normandy or Britany ? ? ( Thought for the day I must get out more )

Check out for the maximum weight in the car if you collect 20 sq metres in one run .

Lapeyre have some very good offers - we got ours for 4.50€ sq mtr. At the moment they have discounts on all tiling. We have constantly found them to be good value and good quality for many of their products.

Archived