Complete France Forum

Bergerac airport

bright

Hi,

We are looking for a property close to Bergerac and are flying over first week of March.

As there are several compagnies flying into Bergerac and Limoges we are wondering which area's to avoid due to overflying aircrafts and noises.

Hope someone can help or advise.

Thanks

Is there any way of knowing if they are going to expand??

This may be a red herring, but in another forum there was a discussion suggesting that Ryanair is considering moving from Bergerac to Agen.

I suppose this would give Mr O'Leary the opportunity to advertise services to Bordeaux/Toulouse!

Bergerac Airport is my favorite airport anywhere. Even the staff who check you in are pleasant (mind you the same can be said of La Rochelle). There are so few planes that I have seen people waiting for friends and relatives wave at a plane when it comes in.

I don't think that there is much chance of expansion as there are few flights there anyway. The only flights at the moment are to the UK, I think. There is a rumour that there may be flights to Holland in the future, but I would not expect that to be more than three times per week. The airport at Brieve will open soon and that would take a bit of bussiness away from Bergerac so nothing should change for the next ten years at least.

Bergerac airport has different flight times and different services summer and winter times, winter being lesser of the two.

I think that in summer - high season - Bergerac flights go to 6 UK destinations, Ryanair flies latest, somewhere around 9 pm.

But, despite all the above messages about it being a nice airport, Berberac is having a multi-squillion euro redevelopment at the moment, new buildings, restaurant, shop/s, paying parking etc. and I can't see the CG Dordogne and the State putting so much money into the project without there being an increase in traffic.

But noisy it ain't, I would think that there is more noise from the cars roaring along to get to the airport on time.

Archived