Complete France Forum

WIRQUIN Magicoude Pushfit 40mm

fulcrum

I have purchased a couple of these and although I thought that they may be rubbish I'm quite impressed with the quality and one I have fitted to my kitchen sink plumbing to enable the existing sink to be connected easily to my new PVC drainage system made the job very easy.

I am now intending to use one for a more permanent fitting of my shower base. The reason being that to use solid PVC to connect it to my new PVC piping will cause me a lot of extra work.

Does anyone know these fittings and can they be used reliably for semi hidden connections like I am proposing.

And whatever you do, don't use one to bodge a repair on your swimming pool filter pump. They explode!

Edit - the water from my pool heater comes out of the pump at a typical 40 degrees. At these temperatures (lower than you might find in a shower) they get very floppy (then explode....)

I bought a couple of these as I was renovating our bathroom and the sink wastes did not line up with the old pipes. Spent ages trying to make them fit, in the end used a couple of 135 deg bends and a short straight bit on each sink outlet.

Anyone think of a use for two flexible wastes (32mm).......................

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]I wouldn't be keen on anything with a corrugated inner surface. Too much chance of muck & rubbish getting caught.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. I had the same thoughts originally  I have now made an "s" bend by filling a short length of tube with sand and then heating and bending it to approximately the right shape. It has made the job much more professional.

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

And whatever you do, don't use one to bodge a repair on your swimming pool filter pump. They explode!

Edit - the water from my pool heater comes out of the pump at a typical 40 degrees. At these temperatures (lower than you might find in a shower) they get very floppy (then explode....)

[/quote]

Phew!   Glad you added the edit, Nick, I've just replaced a cracked form-fitted plastic pipe which runs underneath my pump/filter unit running from one part to the other with just this very thing. fortunately, it's unheated!

p

Archived