Complete France Forum

Crepi

KathyC

Most posts about this stuff seem to be about getting it off. I'd like some info on putting it on. We've got a large paved area with a lot of low walls made of breeze block. Would crepi be the thing to use to cover the blocks and can you get some kind of spray gun to apply it ?I think  my back won't stand all the bending if I use a trowel. I'd be grateful for anyone's experiences of using it outside; how long does it take to dry, what happens if it rains etc. Is it a job for an amateur? If there is a sprayer, what is it called and how much is it likely to cost? Is the expensive stuff any better than the sheds' own brands (enormous difference in price)?

Sorry for all the questions; I'm sure somebody will know the answers.

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

You can after that put in on with a roller or paint brush

[/quote]

Or a crepi spray gun.

I have one, it works well but exhausts the compressor reservoir because it has no air valve (only crepi valve) presumably to stop the nozzle blocking.

30 euros or so from a outillage camion.

The box says "crepinette pneumatique".

It's like a spray gun but with a gravity fed open hopper instaed of a closed siphon cup.

I have also successfully used an underseal or "schutz" gun, the type that takes screw on cartridges, I always clean out the tins after use and keep for spraying crepi or textured paint etc, cheaper but time consuming for large areas.

Archived