Complete France Forum

Great electric heaters - Order in UK for "UK only" delivery then ship to France...?

Crevette

Delongnhi do a great new range of electric heaters (one oil filled, one blower unit) which have "electronic climate control" (i.e. set the temperature at the one you want), remote controls, timer settings, ultra fast heating, and economical settings! Great reviews for them. Try google with "HBP552-3B" or "TRD0820ER"...

The only problem is that there are not available anywhere in france! (I have searched everywhere) and the UK sites which sell them do not post overseas.

So I was thinking about ordering on a UK site to deliver to someone who lives in the UK and then from the UK having a delivery service deliver to France. I got a quote of £35 for up to 25  kilo parcels from Postvan (www.postvan.com). Apparanlty they pick up at an address and deliver to the address in France.

Has anyone else tried something similar?

Regards,

-Rob-

Is the oil-filled one substantially different from this one ?

http://www.monsieurdiscount.com/electromenager/general/produit-673.html

How does the price in the UK + delivery compare with M.Discount inc delivery?

p

[EDIT]

My PC crashed as I was posting the above, so while I waited (and waited) for it to re-load I went to the mailbox and discovered the latest 'arrivages' catalogue from Brico Depot.

In the offers in the first couple of pages are heaters of all shapes and types. There is a Delonghi oil-filled rad, and a Delonghi fan heater: the print is too small to see actual model numbers, but if you have a branch near you, it would be worth a look.

For info, the oil-filled rad is 99E90, and the fan heater is 18E90. Both are 2kW.

Any help?

p

The differences are ;

Electronic Climate Control (more economic)

Remote Control

Electronic displays

Timer

In terms of price, the new version will be about £130 inc delivery (a lot more expensive - but with the extra perks I mentioned).

No reply from Delonghi france.

Thanks anyway - good site!

-Rob-

Archived