Complete France Forum

TV, Sat and radio distribution system.

P

Bought some of the combined outlets that Legrand make at Brico Depot - it has a connection for each of the above.

From the diagrams in the wiring book (in French so only parially understandable) it shows the outputs from a TV aerial, sat dish and adio aerial being fed into a device and outlets that are then run from the device via co-ax to th wall points.

However, I could not see the 'device' in the Brico Depot and was in a little rush so did not try asking.

Anyone experience of this system, where is best to buy and price and does it work.

Thanks

Paul 

[quote user="P"]

Bought some of the combined outlets that Legrand make at Brico Depot - it has a connection for each of the above.

From the diagrams in the wiring book (in French so only parially understandable) it shows the outputs from a TV aerial, sat dish and adio aerial being fed into a device and outlets that are then run from the device via co-ax to th wall points.

However, I could not see the 'device' in the Brico Depot and was in a little rush so did not try asking.

Anyone experience of this system, where is best to buy and price and does it work.

Thanks

Paul 

[/quote]

I used to design these, so I'll give it a go;

Basically, you need; A sat dish with a dual LNB (or more than 1 LNB, or 2 or more dishes, etc, each with a dual LNB), a TV aerial, an FM aerial, a satellite SWITCH (this is the clever bit) and as many tri-plex outlet plates as you have on the switch (or up to that many).

Essentially, you connect the aerials and the sat dish(es) to the switch which combines all the signals and passes them down the single coax, where the signals are un-combined into the 3 outputs (satellite, TV & FM) by the tri-plexer plate. The sat switch also seperates (or rather the LNB does) the vertical & horizontal satellite signals to allow multiple receivers on one dish (or dishes!).

If you have a Sky box with an RF output, you can also feed this back to the switch to allow distribution of the decoded satellite signal to the rest of the system.

Clear? I'll do you a sketch if you like, but I can never get pictures to post here.

Nick: copy your picture to Photobucket or similar web resource.

Then for simplicity, paste the URL.

Like this: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/WOT.jpg

Forgive the awful pic: I quickly did this in MS Paint and saved as a Jpeg.

If you are clever (that lets me out!) you can use HTML code to save the pic in the body of your post: I did manage to do this before but have forgotten!

[quote user="Gluestick"]

Nick: copy your picture to Photobucket or similar web resource.

Then for simplicity, paste the URL.

Like this: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/WOT.jpg

Forgive the awful pic: I quickly did this in MS Paint and saved as a Jpeg.

If you are clever (that lets me out!) you can use HTML code to save the pic in the body of your post: I did manage to do this before but have forgotten!

[/quote]

I have never managed to get photobucket to open an account for me. Despite which, I have got Gb of available web space, trouble is, the instructions for this site assume you can click on the photobucket link... Or summat like that. I've got an computing degree, you know. IBM mainframe & punch cards are more my thing...

So, does anyone know how to get a picture from my webspace?

To answer Paul, a dual LNB has er.... 2 outputs as in 2 "F" connectors (it will probably say "dual LNB" on the side, too!). If someone lets me know how (see above) I will do a piccy & post it.

Oh dear, shades of my own murky past, Nick: IBM System 360 mainframes. COBOL and FORTRAN and doubling my salary with constant overtime 'cos the bloody things never worked properly.

I even had to learn how to use a punchcard machine.............................

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

So, does anyone know how to get a picture from my webspace?

[/quote]

Pretty much the same as you would from Photobucket or anywhere else.  Stick the URI of the image in between

img

and

/img

and put a square bracket in front of and after each of these little bits of code.  For instance:

[img] http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/WOT.jpg[/img]

If you click on the quote box for this message you should see what I mean.

Ok me ole sossidge, 'ere we go...

[img]http://www.aplaceinfrance.com/images/misc/satsetup.jpg[/img]

If this works, I'll edit me post...

OK, bit big, but legible. Never claimed that I had any artistic abilities...

Does this make sense to the OP, whose ID I have now forgotten, for which I apologise (& I can't be arsed to edit this bleeding post again)?

Archived