Complete France Forum

Cable sizes?

Jonzjob

Twin fuses are only allowed in existing rather than new instalations . Cable sizes as L electricite pas a pas an NF C15-100.

Lights 1.5 mm max power 2300 Watts protected by 16 amp disjointer of 10 amp fuses.

Up to 5 sockets 1.5 mm 2250 Watts 16 amp disjointer only

Up to 8 sockets 2.5 mm 4600 Watts 20 amp disjointer or 16 amp fuses

Chauffe-eau 2.5mm  4600 Watts 20 amp disjointer or 16 amp fuses

(as above for a single feed to dishwashers and washing machines)

Electric Stoves 6mm 7300 Watts  32 amp disjointer or fuses

Electric Wall Heater 1.5 2250 Watts 10amp disjointer or fuses

Underground wires to swimming pools need large red gaine and 6mm cable despite low power requirements.

Thank you for that Anton. This is an existing feed to a pool. Although I am a 'lekky it has been on aircraft and computers so I am not familiar with cable sizes. What would be the approx diameter of the 6mm cable. I do realise that the 6mm is the circumference and as I have spent the afternoon in the garden sun it's beyond me to think back that far and work it out [:D][8-)]!!! Ta!

Edit  : between better (and more intelegant) 'over 'arf we think that it should be 1.9mm, 2mm for cash? That looks about what is there...[:D]

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

The cable sizes are the cross sections of each of the individual copper cores.

A 6 mm cable complete with three insulated strands and outer insulation is about the size of your little finger.  

[/quote]

Anton

Could you clarify this for me please? I assumed, incorrectly it appears, that it was the cross-sectional AREA. ie 6 sq mm. If it's the cross sectional diameter then the cable would be pretty thick as each copper core would be quarter of an inch (in the old money!)

Sid

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

A 6 mm cable complete with three insulated strands and outer insulation is about the size of your little finger.  

[/quote]

Now I'm suffering from inherent beer stroke Anton? By 3 insulated strands do you mean line, neutral & earth and the outer size is as per petty pinky?

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="Anton Redman"]

[/quote]

Now I'm suffering from inherent beer stroke Anton? By 3 insulated strands do you mean line, neutral & earth and the outer size is as per petty pinky?

[/quote]

yes you are correct jj, 3 x 6mm csa in a trefoil pattern within an outer sheath, about (guessing) 10mm dia.

Archived