Complete France Forum

Epoxy grout...

Jonzjob

Does anyone know if it is possible to get epoxy 2 part grout here. It's for our kitchen, tiled, worktop. We have found 1, but it ain't the colour we want??

I asked in the newly re-vamped Leclerc here in Carcassonne and the bloke I asked looked at me as if I had just crawled out of a log!! [:-))]. Blimey they could put the Airbus A380 in there now!!

The 'jointe' (grout) that's in there at the moment is falling to bits and, to say the least, is not totally hygienic?? [:$] and we want to sort it out. What ever else happens the worktop is NOT going to fall to peices, it is re-enforced concrete!!!!!!!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

I asked in the newly re-vamped Leclerc here in Carcassonne and the bloke I asked looked at me as if I had just crawled out of a log!! [:-))]. Blimey they could put the Airbus A380 in there now!!

[/quote]

I would have LOVED to have heard you asking for that in French Jonz!   I would have especially enjoyed watching you getting lost in the store while first of all trying to find it yourself[:)]

I'm a bit wierd like that[:$]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Does anyone know if it is possible to get epoxy 2 part grout here. I asked in the newly re-vamped Leclerc here in Carcassonne and the bloke I asked looked at me as if I had just crawled out of a log!! [:-))]. Blimey they could put the Airbus A380 in there now!!

[/quote]

I didn't quite understand your humour re the A380, but it reminded me that I get all my epoxy needs taken care of "grace à" the stores in the Airbus factory opposite my house!

I have never seen any of the products that have been liberated for me in the shops or anything like them.

No comment Twinks!! I am actually getting fairly good at my French. Even if I have no clue of what I am asking???? No in all seriousness the bloke didn't have a clue and if i had been asking him where the loo was he would probably have been the same.

Some you win, some you loose.

The last couple of concerts we have been to were medeviel French and Baroque. The singing in both was wonderful and so different. When is your next gig in our area???

[quote user="J.R."][quote user="Jonzjob"]

Does anyone know if it is possible to get epoxy 2 part grout here. I asked in the newly re-vamped Leclerc here in Carcassonne and the bloke I asked looked at me as if I had just crawled out of a log!! [:-))]. Blimey they could put the Airbus A380 in there now!!

[/quote]

I didn't quite understand your humour re the A380, but it reminded me that I get all my epoxy needs taken care of "grace à" the stores in the Airbus factory opposite my house!

I have never seen any of the products that have been liberated for me in the shops or anything like them.

[/quote]

The reference to the A380 is that the new Leclerc brico shed could house the A380?? Peut etra?

I used to be able to get 2 part epoxy grout for kitchen worktops and the like in the U.K. and I am trying to find the similar kit here.

As a matter of interest I was stationed at Brize Norton, for 5 years till 1974, working on VC10's and Belfast aircraft as an aircraft electriction in and out of the HUGE hanger there. It will house 3 VC10s, but it would not be big/tall enough for an A380! [:D] I do love working on aircraft even to this day.

But I am still looking to find this blasted e-poxy grout,,,,,,    Any ideas please!!![kiss]

Archived