Complete France Forum

Solar heating information

Paul Bradford

Hi,

Just a bit of information for anyone contemplating installing, or having installed a solar heating system. Having purchased all the necessary components to install my system, I went to the Mairie for confirmation that planning permission was not required. Our house is only twelve years old, so I didn't think that it would be a problem. We live in  Monflanquin (47).

The staff at the Mairie made some enquiries for me with Agen. I was then told that planning permission was not required, but I was required to complete a 'Déclaration de travaux exemptés de permis de construire ou déclaration de clôture'. Four copies of this form were required, along with four copies of the 'sections cadastrales', plus four copies of a map of the area with the location of our house indicated. I was also asked to supply a drawing showing the location of the solar panel, along with a photograph of the house. (Again four of each). Fortunately we still had the Architects plans of the house so that was easy. The lady at the Mairie was very helpful, supplying me with the up to date copies of the 'sections cadastrales' and the map of the area.

I submitted all of the required paperwork and was given a receipt. I asked how long it was likely to take and she told me they must reply within two months.

My main reason for submitting this was to let people know that even this permit can be 1:- Opposed. 2:- Allowed, with further consultation with the Marie (I'm assuming this means allowed with amendment. 3:- Unopposed.

I am aware of two installations locally. One has not applied for this permit (although the house is not close to the village). The other assumed the installer must have applied, but he is unaware if he did. I also know of an English company installing systems who were unaware of these forms.

So, if you are contemplating having a system installed, submit an application. It could be an expensive omission.

Paul

C'est France!

These rules apply to virtually all (if not all) changes or additions to the outside of your property. Don't believe the people (usually estate agents) who will tell you that a D de T can't be refused. They can be. Don't believe those who tell you that the permission is automatic if you don't hear anything in a month. It ain't true.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

[quote user="jc"]MAIRIE!!![/quote]

JC that really is very helpfull? Can you enlarge on that JUST A TAD please?

The OP was trying to be helpfull and if you can add to that, well????

[/quote]

Don't fan the flames Jonzjob; it's just that JC has a 'thing' about

people typing marie when they mean maIrie. I'm sure there are things

that make you flare up just as quickly!

p

No flame fanning P 'onest!! But there are a lot of people would not know what JC was on about. Looking at the OP post, unless it has been edited, the times that mairie were used they were smelled mairie. My smelling is a load of ponieys pooe too peut etra?[8-)]

No offence intended JC [:D]

Oh yes, I nearly forgot nothing upsets me and I would thump anyone who disagrees with that. The wife said I could say that [;-)][Www]

PPS I missed the 'marie' in the middle. A tryping errrour?

Ah... my special self-illuminating Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass

(free with Shreddies in 1971) reveals one near the bottom of the OP.

Oh no wait a minute that doesn't sound quite right;I mean towards the end of the OP  !

oops

what ??  Does nothing have you shouting common abuse at the Today programme?  How terribly Zen you are!

p

Showz yer aje P. I was much too old for the goodies bag in Shreddies (in fact shreddies was the generic name for underpants when I was in Her Majisties Royal Air Force!) (oops, I've just realised that I may well have unsettled the ladies on the forum with my last thoughts, and theirs peut etra?[Www])

Much easier than that P. We don't got nuffin but French tele and radio. By the way P, hooooz this Zen bloke?[:$]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"][quote user="Jonzjob"]

By the way P, hooooz this Zen bloke?[:$]

[/quote]

Apparently he did a book on how to look after yer Bike.  A bit like a Haynes manual??

[/quote]

So I believe... I've not read it; I'm waiting for the film to come out !

p

Archived