Complete France Forum

Spraying Roof

AnOther

Although she only spoke French and we didn't understand much of what she said (and she said a LOT) the lady we bought our house from seemed to make quite a big thing of telling us to spray the roof once a year because all our rainwater goes into a large recuperation tank.

She did leave us some notes about various things but this was not one of them so does anybody have thoughts about this i.e. the neccessity and product(s) to use for instance.

The water in the tank is only for the garden and not for domestic use or filling or topping up a swimming pool etc.

Still only guessing until someone knowledgeable comes along.

I pretty much agree with the above but would say that it is to prevent moss from forming which would then be washed off during heavy rain into the tank or blocking the downpipe.

I have a big problem with this in England, I dont think that moss on the roof will do any harm as I often used it to filter water when travelling but it makes a horrible mess when laying stagnant on my drain grilles and blocks them and sometimes the gutter/downpipe connection.

hi

OK just my own thoughts here..... just wonder if she said do not spray the roof ??   Most anti-mousse are based on javell ( bleach) ,this will then wash of into the tank ... and then find its way into your fosse ....the last thing you want in it .

If you have mains drains ignore this post

Dave

Archived