Complete France Forum

cheap exterior paint

chocccie

It doesn't really exist in france. B&Q or Homebase but its a trip to the UK of course.

That said french exterior paint is produced to cope with french weather and we have found, tends to last better in most situations

Tollens do a good range of excellent quality paint in france, but the price is scary.

It all depends on how often you want to be re-painting.

I like painting, but only once...........................[:)]

Depends what you want to paint, how long you want it to last and what local suppliers you have available and what they might have on offer at any point in time.

For example, I do not remember seeing metal paint of offer ever.  However, lassure is often on offer and if price is more important than quality there are some real cheap unbranded lassures available (sometimes only when a store has brought in a load and once sold that's the end of them).

If you have time, then keep an eye open in the various stores and buy when they stuff you want goes on offer (or something close).  One brand of paint I use a lot I get from a local supermarket.  However, the supermarket is 10Km away.  The really local supermarket (3Km away) sells identical stuff but at 50% higher price (no offers involved in that comparison).  So much variability that it often comes down to what is available locally at the time you are buying.

You will probably find

Ian

Brico Depot stock their own brand masonry, wood and metal paints: but strangely, not a wood primer.

I used their wood paint last year, semi-gloss finish and it was fine and still looks very good.

A chum used their masonry paint and thus far it's still OK after two years.

Cheap as chips, too.

Archived