Complete France Forum

Underfloor heating and geothermie

Btuckey

We also have geothermie heating. came with the house, installed by france geothermie who owned the house. heats pool as well. running cost are about a €1.00 per day. You just turn on the system in mid November and off generally end of march.

Keep detailed plans of the underground pipes as putting door stoppers in at a later date is real fun. Also select carrelage that will last, very difficult to make a change after a few years.

ams

[quote user="Btuckey"]

Hi,

There have been a number of threads about underfloor heating and geothermie systems.  We have gone for a reversible system on our new build with the heat collectors in the soil.  Pictures at: http://briantuckey.fotopic.net/c1410265.html for those interested.

Cheers.

[/quote]

Looks nice.

Underfloor heating in the garage??????? What sort of car do you drive that deserves/needs a heated garage [8-)]

[quote user="jxedwards"]

Brian,

Looks good. I am assuming the house is in France.

I have asked before on the forum but no reply so where did you purchase the UFH equipment? France or the UK?

If in France can you PM me the supplier details.

Regards

John

[/quote]

Hi John,

Yes, the house is in France, just up the mountains from the town of Quillan in the Aude.  We did a lot of research before we settled on a supplier and the biggest in France by far is Sofath; http://www.sofath.com .  We also found a German manufacturer, but they declined to quote for an installation in France...  Sofath in turn directed us to their ‘local’ dealer; Geosud in Perpignan.  Geosud’s owner, M. Autones,  fortunately speaks excellent English and whilst he took the overall contract we had to employ separate enterprises to lay the two chapes and dig the hole for the collectors.  Fortunately, Geosud suggested two chape suppliers and liaised with the one we chose.  After the first chape was laid covering the water, data and power gaines, Geosud laid the insulation and heating pipes.  The chape company then returned to lay the final floor.  All of the hardware has arrived in Sofath packaging.   As you can see from the pictures, Geosud have just laid the collectors in the garden.  As before the pipes and boîtiers all came from Sofath.

Hope this helps.

Brian  

[quote user="powerdesal"]
Looks nice.

Underfloor heating in the garage??????? What sort of car do you drive that deserves/needs a heated garage [8-)]
[/quote]

Hi Steve,

The garage is actually for my model railway!  It is as large as we could make it under the planning regulations and yes, the french builders are somewhat bemused.  I think that it confirms what they thought about 'les anglais' [:D]

Cheers

Brian 

Brian

You have a terrific system there.

Can I suggest an improvement????

If you would consider installing an evacuated tube solar array for say the hot water for your house, then you wil enjoy several unexpected benefits.

Not only will you get your hot water free for every more but also, you can pipe the excess heat during the hight of summer back into the ground as a 'Bank' so that you geothermal system will not eventually cool the ground and interfere with your harvest of warmth during the winter.

Just thought I would raise the idea. PM  me if you want more details.

Andrew 

Archived