Complete France Forum

Problem with my hot water pressure

newbiee

We installed a chauffe eau about six months ago and haven't had any problems until this afternoon.  I was doing some washing up and noticed that the hot water was of less than normal pressure (cold water pressure is fine).  The hot water in the shower is also of greatly reduced pressure.

In fact, the kitchen hot water is now just a trickle.

The pressure limiter on the chauffe eau is reading 3 bar, which suggests the pressure going into it is ok.

Does this problem sound familiar with anybody ??  Advice greatly recieved.

Thanks

Tiurn off the water main.

Remove the pressure reducer.

Dismantle.

Probably some grit: if fitted at the same time as the Chauffe Eau, it shouldn't be too calcified as yet, but with various water supplies one never knows!

I'm hoping that it is an inline type with compression fittings. Or it could have brazed stub pipes which assemble to the valve and tank with an O ring or small fibre/rubber gasket.

One final yet dramatic way to test the valve is to remove the connection to the tank: and then ask a friendly assistant (mine is called a wife!) to crack the main water stopcockle (I can't write the correct name since the software filter, known effectionately as Goebbels [:D] knocks the word out.), momentarily and see if water comes out like a hosepipe under pressure.

If it does then it has to be an internal tank problem (Safety Valve): if it doesn't, then there is the culprit.

Is it only the Kitchen tap or all the hot taps

If it is only the Kitchen tap I doubt it is a problem with the chauffe eau, more likely to be a problem with the individual tap

If this is the case remove and clean the filter at the end of the tap spout

If it is all the taps it could be a variety of problems and more information would be required to diagnose the problem

Le Plombier

Hi

It is all the hot water taps and shower.  Were working fine then kitchen tap went to a dribble.  on checking bathroom and shower both have very little hot water pressure but all have lots of cold pressure.  I fitted a pressure regulator and gds at the same time as fitting the chauffe eau.

all was fine til today

All is well now, hot water at full pressure.

Just thought I'd let you know ... I dismantled the pressure limiter and GDS and both had debris blocking them ... looked suspiciously like the remnents of a red washer??? 

Thanks for all your help and ideas - it was very helpful.

Cheers [:D]

[quote user="chocccie"]

All is well now, hot water at full pressure.

Just thought I'd let you know ... I dismantled the pressure limiter and GDS and both had debris blocking them ... looked suspiciously like the remnents of a red washer??? 

Thanks for all your help and ideas - it was very helpful.

Cheers [:D]

[/quote]

So pleased for you, not  good having  no hot water.[:D][:D][:D]

Archived