Complete France Forum

Fosse Septique Drain Field

billy10

Hi Forum,

Recently I had my fosse pumped out and they seemed to do a good job for a proffessional company (cost me 230 euros) which included putting a high vacuum pipe into the outlet to the drain field and giving it a good vacuum out even heard the hissing noise coming from the soil further up the garden, however now that the fosse is full again with water I notice that the level is much higher in the distribution box almost as if the water is not draining away as fast as it should.

Is there a chemical or some preperation I  can use either in the fosse or the distribution box that will unclog the drainfield ( I use eparcyl as a matter of course every week ) but I think something much stronger is needed,  Any ideas ?????

Regards

Billy10

hi OK

If your drainage field is blocked ......there is only one option dig a new one ,they don not last forever ( they can become clogged in as little as 10 years ). well that's the bad news..

good news is it is possibly the rain we have had last few days  wait see if it goes down as the land dries out

Dave

ps if you use tarax it lasts for 6 months ,and you can put bleach down the loo

[quote user="billy10"]

Hi Forum,

Recently I had my fosse pumped out and they seemed to do a good job for a proffessional company (cost me 230 euros) which included putting a high vacuum pipe into the outlet to the drain field and giving it a good vacuum out even heard the hissing noise coming from the soil further up the garden, however now that the fosse is full again with water I notice that the level is much higher in the distribution box almost as if the water is not draining away as fast as it should.

Is there a chemical or some preperation I  can use either in the fosse or the distribution box that will unclog the drainfield ( I use eparcyl as a matter of course every week ) but I think something much stronger is needed,  Any ideas ?????

Regards

Billy10

[/quote]

Do not bother with Eparcyl.

Eat a vege diet or/and eat natural yoghurt.

Do you have a 600 litre fosse if not you were ripped off.

This is France pollute pollute pollute. Does your bog work? if it does what's the prob.

I love the Brits love of toilets.

If you want to unclog the drain field go do what the bears do in the woods.

For 230 euros I'd suck your fossse out with a straw.

[quote user="just john "]That's the sort of invitation that tempts fate [8-|][/quote]

It would certainly leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

I paid 130 euros this year for a 5000 litre fosse to be emptied by a company that takes it to a sewer plant.

The locals use a farmer that just dumps the stuff in the woods.

Hi Dog,

Any idea  where I can get a really big straw ??  I accept your offer and look forward to doing the business in the next couple of years, will you mind if I bring a few friends to watch , I promise to stay off the curries prior to your arrival.

Seriously thanks for post

Regards Billy 10

Archived