Complete France Forum

cost for adding the thickness to a cement floor + putting some insolation round 2 walls

osie

Hi

I would like a rough idea of how much 2 jobs would cost for a professional.

1. Adding about 7cm's deep of cement on a 3m*3m room cement floor(to cover the pipes) so tiles can be put on it.

2. Insulating 2 of the walls in the same 3m*3m room.

I have a quote and just want to make sure that it is within reason.

Thanks

osie

Firstly, what type of pipes? If copper they need to be shielded from the concrete.

3m x 3m x 0.07m = 0.63m3 of concrete

This equates to

200Kg Cement = €40

400 Kg Sand = €20

750Kg Gravel = €40

+ day labour about €200

so €300 in total for the concreting + cost of delivery/collection + membrane

Insulating walls with metal rail 48mm and insulation = €55/m2

so if walls 2.5m high = 3x2.5x55=€412.5/ wall so 2 walls €825. + cost of delivery/collection.

Just using polystyrene backed plasteboard = €32.5/m2

so: 3x2.5x32.5=€243.75 so 2 walls €487.50 + cost of delivery/collection

Would be interesting to see what you have been quoted.

Thanks for the precise and quick response.

We have not used this guy before but he was recommended.  The price does seem to be about right.

There is no underfloor heating.

The quote is 8.5m of placostil with laine de verre  * 100 = 460 euros

chape ciment (cement foor) = 550 euros

So, as suggested about 1000euros for the two jobs.

One day I will do these jobs myself but until then I remain ignorant but happy

Thanks again

osie

Osie,

You original post said.......''Adding about 7cm's deep of cement on a 3m*3m room cement floor(to cover the pipes)'', the pipes are not UF heating so presumably are water pipes for some other use, irrespective, if they are copper they need protecting from concrete as a later post said. This is an IMPORTANT point, copper + concrete = corrosion = leaks in floor.

That diy talk is beyond me but I think that is sort of what I will do(not me but have done)...

I need to put 7cm of cement so it is level with the other room... As there are a few pipes in place I will cover these with the cement.

The other water pipes will go round the outside concealed by the wall isolation that is planned.

What I am suggesting is that you fasten treated timber battens either side of the services (Probably 50mm batten) then bridge the gap /cap with 18mm flooring grade ply this will create a 'box' with the services within which will sit proud of the existing floor by 68mm so close to your 70mm specified. I would treat the area where the duct is going with bitumastic paint and once battens are affixed treat them also. if the services are run tidily in this way and access retained at the end then you have potential to 'cable in' adittional services or repair existing, access panels in the ducts under cupboards etc may be an idea. Screed with sand and cement level with the duct lids then tile as per normal. I wouldn't run pipes in walls where they can't be readily accessed.

Archived