Complete France Forum

saniflo

odile

Depends what sort of experience.

I have had the Wickes equivalent of a Saniflo in my English house for about 18 years. The present one is a replacement for one which packed up after about 7 years.

It is effective, though noisy but sometimes seems to run rather slowly - switching off for an hour or so seems to cure that. It can sometimes be alarming to see water fill up the wc before being pumped away.

I think that the most important thing to do is police its use: nothing that hasn't been in the mouth should be allowed to enter it. Truculent adolescent females should not be permitted anywhere near it.

As a professional I will only install them when there is no other option, and even then never as the main toilet in constant use

They work, they are noisy, go for the actual Saniflo which is good and not the Brico options

When I have to strip one out I shudder, if you saw the state of the drain, completely coated full length in the brown substance you would never fit one in the first place

When I take out a normal toilet the drain is normally very clean

Good luck if you proceed with it, and even better luck if you decide to take it out in a few years time

Le Plombier

I watched one back syphon all over an antique persian carpet in a very twee residence in Hove.........I shouldn't have laghed but it was hilarious.

'Plumber' that was fitting a bathroom had ran pipework into the loft from the first floor ensuite then about 5 metres to a soil stack and bossed in about 6 feet above the level of the pan and on the other side of the house. We were running in heating and didn't take much to do with the antics of the bathroom and kitchen fitters but may have curled a few poos into said convenience when they weren't about.

Dunno what they were doing but the screams of the guy with the discharge pipe in his hand, the macerator halfway across the room and a hose shooting poo into the bedroom..well...happy days.

I wouldn't have one unless I had to and I would make sure that the discharge point was below the bowl if I could.

The manufacturers, Saniflow, Grundfoss both say to run the pipe work vertically first then down hill after that. It gives the pump something to do and prevents it running dry. I always wondered what would happen if you disconnected it, now I know [+o(]

I sold mine so never installed it.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

I watched one back syphon all over an antique persian carpet in a very twee residence in Hove.........I shouldn't have laghed but it was hilarious.

'Plumber' that was fitting a bathroom had ran pipework into the loft from the first floor ensuite then about 5 metres to a soil stack and bossed in about 6 feet above the level of the pan and on the other side of the house. We were running in heating and didn't take much to do with the antics of the bathroom and kitchen fitters but may have curled a few poos into said convenience when they weren't about.

Dunno what they were doing but the screams of the guy with the discharge pipe in his hand, the macerator halfway across the room and a hose shooting poo into the bedroom..well...happy days.

I wouldn't have one unless I had to and I would make sure that the discharge point was below the bowl if I could.

[/quote]

Fantasy...........sheer fantasy.

Director of Gillettes house if memory serves and his daughter was named after one of the ships on the Onedin line you need to work the rest out yourself...and fantasist nope.

I suspect what had happened was that the pump wasn't pushing the poo along as it should so matey decided to take the unit apart to find out why hence macerator disengaged from spigot then I suppose he has tried to remove the flexi, got a nasty surprise and jumped away while holding the pipe.

There were no doors installed at the time as they were getting stripped I think.

TBH I don't even know if the people in residence got to find out or whether a carpet cleaner was called in quickly.

Archived