Complete France Forum

Which way to connect?

Simon

I have a new fusebox which has a Interrupteur différentiel Bipolaire LexicTM main switch. It is Legrand number 087 82. My others have the live connection on the top right hand side and the neutral on the left marked with a big N. This module has no markings, but it is connected to a Legrand 073 99 module whose neutral is on the left. Am I right in assuming that the live and neutrals are where I expect?

Regards

Simon

Whilst I've never been rich enough to have a copy of the current Normes Francais for electrical installations, I don't think there is a right or a wrong way to wire the disjoncteurs: I've see professionally installed boxes with the busbars both (that is 'either') above and below the switches., rather depends on the direction of the cables thereafter. Seems daft to loop them all from the bottom if they then disappear out the top of the box. The important thing is to be consistent. It should be obvious for someone else taking the front off the box to see what's going on without having to pour over it for 20 minutes or having to chase individual wires.

Question:      Why is it some manufacturers are consistent in labeling their disjoncteurs the same (live left, say) throughout the range: 10A 16A 20A 32A, while others mix them up? Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to put all the 16's on one row and the 20's on another.

Archived