Complete France Forum

decleration prealable

Mick

Does anyone know whether I need a decleration prealable for some minor works i will be carrying out in July. I have been told I do and need to use an architect to obtain the permission. I will be replacing 2 exterior wood doors that are falling apart, fitting another door where the original is missing and replacing 4 windows. The originals are wood and will be replaced with new wood ones. The architect has quoted me just short of 900 euros to obtain this permission ?.

Much depends upon local rules.  Speak to your Mairie before shelling out 900€ (which sounds excessive to me).  You can fill in the forms yourself for works which affect changes under a certain number of square meters.  You may not need anything if replacing like for like. 

An architect is definitely not required for the submission of a declaration prealable.

You would however need one for a permis de construire of more than 170m2.

From what you have posted it doent appear to be a change of devanture and if you ask at your Mairie they will probably tell you that you dont even need to submit a declaration prealable.

Archived