Complete France Forum

Fibreboard or similar

DorothyJay

I want to use 8-10mm fibreboard to fix between beams (I really wanted to use a product like Heraklith but cannot find an outlet in France) in the attic.

Does anyone know where I can buy this or 6-8mm plasterboard? Any help or suggestions welcome

Peter

You will not find plasterboard thinner than 10mm and I was advised against using this on it's own as it is too fragile and breaks easily. I finished up using doublage (40mm polystyrene+10mmplasterboard) which meant I could achieve sound insulation and use thinner plasterboard in 1 go.My beams are 15x15 so using doublage still leaves about 100mm of beam showing below the boards.

I dont know about fibreboard but 6 or 8mm plasterboard is available from Lafarge in France, it is used for curved work and has a special trade name that I have forgotten.

I doubt that you will find it in any of the grossistes and they will have to order it for you, you will need to buy a pallet load and the price will make you fall over, despite this it has been my experience that grossites never want to to make special orders and try to convince you that the product does not exist.

Right on the ball.[:)] Placoplâtre BA 6

[IMG]http://www.placo.fr/var/placo/storage/images/produits/fiches-produits/plaques2/plaques-placo-r-et-accessoires-pour-plaques/plaques-de-platre-techniques-et-accessoires/placoplatre-r-ba-6/placoplatre-r-ba-6-8991/688275-1-fre-FR/Placoplatre-R-BA-6-8991_medium.jpg[/IMG]

Available in any PointP in Maine et Loire.

http://www.pointp.fr/agences/jsp/AgenceRecherche.srvl

After search giving distances Durtal to PointPs in Départment 49.

Résultat de votre recherche

10.6 km, LA FLECHE POINT P
17.8 km, BAUGE POINT P
19.2 km, SABLE SUR SARTHE POINT P
26.8 km, BEAUFORT POINT P
32.2 km, ANGERS POINT P
33.2 km, ANGERS LES PONTS DE CE POINT P
38.9 km, CHATEAU GONTIER POINT P
44.9 km, LE MANS POINT P
45.7 km, SAUMUR POINT P
47.4 km, CHATEAU DU LOIR POINT P

I think I will discount the Lafarge plasterboard but will try PointP in La Flèche as they have always been helpful in the past. I had thought they had closed completely in  La Flèche but now find out it has moved to the other end of town. Thanks for everyone's help.

The plasterboard at PointP will almost certainly be Lafarge.

I hope you do find that they stock it but suspect that you may end up having to order a palletload, that said PointP seem to be the most commercial (in an English sense) of all the grossistes in my area, they actually seem to want my business rather than viewing me as an annoying interruption to their day.

They might find some lurking in another branch.

OK. Will give PointP a go and see what response I get. What I really

need is a magic wand so that a quick wave and everything indoors will be

finished. The restauration has been going on too long and now that the

weather is kind the potager demands attention not the house! Will I ever

live in comfort in our very beloved old house

Archived