Complete France Forum

British paints in France - a recommendation

Kitty

I am delighted with the service of a company that delivers British paints to France.  They are called Keep It Simple.

Website - www.kis-uk.com

Rob Maiden at the company has been SOOO helpful.  I have no connection with the company other than being a very happy customer.

Highly recommended for all your painting needs.

I contacted one of the British paint manufacturers when we were looking for paint for the outside of our house and asked what the difference was between the paint sold here and in the U.K. I was told that the paint down here was formulated for the much stronger sun and although U.K. paints were OK they would not stand the higher UV belted at them for anywhere near as long as the paints formulated for use here.

So, it seems to me that you pays yer money and you takes yer chance. People have also said that the paints here are pony poo compared to the U.K. The only difference that I have seen so far is that you have to use them in the same way as you would use U.K. 'trade' paints, i.e. you put the paint on and you leave it there and don't try to spread it round as you would with U.K. DIY paints.

Archived