Complete France Forum

Damp proofing

Jo

Has anyone had any experience of the Schrijver system of damp control? It's a system that continually removes water from the walls in which it is installed rather than a barrier to prevent it entering. On the plus side it needs no disturbance of the decor inside, it is 'elements' fitted in the external brickwork, and apparently comes with a lifetime guarantee. The downside is the quote which is £2770 as opposed to £1500 for a conventional course.

Whilst waiting for herself to finish the shopping, I flicked through a copy of "SystemD" DIY and rennovations magazine yesterday and saw something about a damp-proofing system involving electrodes in the wall driving the damp out......I never read in depth, I was just scanning the pictures to pass a few minutes. If this is the sort of thing you are on about, maybe pick up a cop of the mag?

I have just seen the Schrijver system today at the Home improvement show, it obviously works by funneling air into the wall and that carries the moist air out. Their UK HQ is just up the road from me. The only concerns I would have would be this is a fix for a symptom not a cure for the original problem. If I saw this on a house I was going to purchase I would think twice about it.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]Any Idea if I can subscribe to SystemD Magazine from the UK?[/quote]

Vous avez sélectionné l'abonnement 1 an à SYSTEME D
(12 N°s) pour 40€50 au lieu de 54€00*,
soit 25% d'économie.

OFFRE RESERVEE A LA FRANCE METROPOLITAINE

* prix de vente au numéro.
Looks like no!

Archived