Complete France Forum

on-off switches

Dave&Olive

hi ok

I have Legrand light switches, and the person who fitted them never left any instructions on using them.
Does anyone know where I can get some from?, or does anyone have any instructions they can scan and send me.
Thanks

Dave

Be careful though - I have some switches which when pressed one way, come on and when pressed the other way, go off. However, these are not the same as some others in the house which when pressed one way go off and when pressed the other way come on.

Come to think of it, I have some switches in the hallway which are sometimes on when pressed one way and sometimes on when pressed the other way. It seems to depend what way the other switch in the hallway is - perhaps a compatibility issue?

[quote user="dave21478"]Be careful though - I have some switches which when pressed one way, come on and when pressed the other way, go off. However, these are not the same as some others in the house which when pressed one way go off and when pressed the other way come on.

Come to think of it, I have some switches in the hallway which are sometimes on when pressed one way and sometimes on when pressed the other way. It seems to depend what way the other switch in the hallway is - perhaps a compatibility issue?

[/quote]

This could be quite a" pressing" issue!

Congratulations Dave on the embracing of new technology.

I presume the candle snuffers are now on ebay [:D]

Paul

PS I have one switch that does not always turn a light on when pressed - do not know if it is a manufacturing fault or an energy saving design

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]We've got three switches in our living room and one of them doesn't switch anything at all.[/quote]

Blimey, we must have the same electrician then because I have the same. Just to out do you I have two at the top of the stairs and one of those does nothing. [:P] I had a salesman working for me once that sold extra's that did nothing, he called it 'future proofing'.[:D]

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]We've got three switches in our living room and one of them doesn't switch anything at all.[/quote]

I have a switch like that too.

coincidently, when I switch it on, I hear a screaming noise from my neighbour - curious.........[6]

hi ok

The part that puzzles me is when  I want to use the switch it is dark and I cannot find it ...as soon as the sun comes up there the little bug-ger is . Must be a software problem ?

Dave

The part that puzzles me is when  I want to use the switch it is dark and I cannot find it ...as soon as the sun comes up there the little bug-ger is . Must be a software problem ?

Dave

All you need is THIS  [I]

hi ok

Got it sorted , went to channel  888 on sky  you can buy a light bulb with a bracket to clip on to your head  . it lights up when you think ... it`s pancake day tomorrow [I]

Dave

Well, I am not sure that the OP has yet got the answer that he is looking for? But! We have several switches in our house that if you press their bottoms the associated light comes on, BUT if you press the bottom again, because it has ignored the first push and gone back to its original position (must be femail!) the light goes off again?

Then if you go to yet another switch in the same room, kitchen/diner, and push yet another switch another light comes on and that bit of a double switch stays where it is, but the other bit of the switch is femail too and always returns to the original position!

It were never like this when I were a lektrishion on our Queens aeorplanes?

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Well, I am not sure that the OP has yet got the answer that he is looking for? But! We have several switches in our house that if you press their bottoms the associated light comes on, BUT if you press the bottom again, because it has ignored the first push and gone back to its original position (must be femail!) the light goes off again?

Then if you go to yet another switch in the same room, kitchen/diner, and push yet another switch another light comes on and that bit of a double switch stays where it is, but the other bit of the switch is femail too and always returns to the original position!

It were never like this when I were a lektrishion on our Queens aeorplanes?

[/quote]

I didn't know there was a gay airline.

Archived