Complete France Forum

French terms on plans

mint

OH has done a couple of small sketches at the request of neighbours from our house in Charente Maritime.

So, can someone (ericd perhaps?) tell me whether the following 2 terms are acceptable?

existante for existing and proposée (or suggérée) for proposed?

As it's only the front elevation they want to change, is it OK to use the feminine as I am working on façade for "front elevation"?

Many thanks.

The set of plans from my french architect use,

Situation existante for existing plans of the House,
each elevation is then designated Facade Nord-Est existante, Facade Sud-Ouest existante,
as opposed to front elevation, rear elevation etc.

Proposed are designated
Situation projetee for proposed plans of the House,
each elevation is then designated Facade Nord-Est projet, Facade Sud-Ouest projet,
as opposed to front elevation, rear elevation etc.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

So, can someone (ericd perhaps?) tell me whether the following 2 terms are acceptable?

existante for existing and proposée (or suggérée) for proposed?

As it's only the front elevation they want to change, is it OK to use the feminine as I am working on façade for "front elevation"?

Many thanks.

[/quote]

....Sorry just reading the post. Thank God Just John was on stanby !!!. [:)]

You would not be wrong using either "projetee" or "proposee".

"Projetee" as in "projected in the future (seen in the future) and "proposee"  as in proposed.

Thank you, Eric.  I think they would have understood proposée.  So, between you and your deputy, JJ, I shall be fine.

It's a strange thing but I am often able to sort of "guess" what I need to say and, more times than not, I get it right. However, after a few embarrassing occasions of wrong guessing, I like to check with someone knowledgeable![:D]

Archived