Complete France Forum

could you reccomend a com[pany for building new houses

assel

Hi guys. We are planning to build couple of new builds not far from Hesdin and Abbeville, basically 40 mins from Calais.

We are looking for a company who can build us 2 new houses.

If you could reccomend someone we will appreciate.

Thanks a lot.

I was just going to post about people doing lots of reasearch before taking on a builder/building company to do a new build.

The reason I was going to post this was that I was talking to a good friend in France this morning and her son and family's new build, cles en main, has been a great disappointment. In fact if they had not had both Dad's, both retired, one an electrician and the other a builder repairing what was being done, more or less as it has been done, then they would be right in it now.

They have to move as they cannot afford a mortgage and live in a rented appt.

My friend's new build many years ago was a good build. Ours, many years ago was a good build too. BUT please do not forget that there are bad /poor builders and even rogues in France like anywhere else. There are 'insurance' type things which are to protect the buyer, but they can take a long time to get sorted and people can end up with a fight.

My friend is no shrinking violet and would persue this with or for her son, but she realises that they have to move and at the moment are making the best of a bad job.

Archived