Complete France Forum

Polish builder near Carcassonne

nomoss

Does anyone know of a Polish builder in the Carcassonne area?

A neighbour had one to do major work on his newly purchased house. They put 6 or 8 men to work, who were at it for full days without interruption until it was finished in a surprisingly short time.

This is unlike local builders I have used and seen working, who put one or maybe two men on even a big job. They then work two or three days before being pulled away to another job. Sometimes they come back to continue, but other times it takes a phone call or even two to get them back again.

I have spent over 80,000€ (Edit: correct amount spent) with the builder I have most used over the last few years, but now he always seems too busy to even give me a dévis. He is a nice guy, but prefers roof building, which is his speciality. He is also not brilliant at organising his two man workforce, who often arrive on the job with the wrong/no tools or material.

I have a heavy demolition job, followed by pouring a large concrete slab. I can't see my usual man managing it. In fact I am still waiting after over a month for his dévis for the concrete, which I am quite sure he has forgotten.

If I could get hold of the Pole who worked for my neighbour I think he would be the best for the job, but he has lost contact with him.

You have to think laterally and find any Pole in the area, they will know of a builder, start maybe with les pages jaunes or perhaps a Google search for épiceries polonaises.

I know what you mean though, I saw a Polish registered van and chased it for miles, it turned out to be delivering to a local bed manufacturing factory owned and run by Poles, they had the contacts with the builders and did me a great deal on some beds also [:D]

Archived