Complete France Forum

Soft sand

PaulT

• 11 months later...
We have just purchased 500 kilo's of the stuff  loose from a sablier we took a bit of UK soft sand to show them what we wanted, we ended up with sand of the grade 0/1mm which is near as dam it to Uk soft sand. We looked at 0/2mm in the Brico,s but it seemed a bit too gritty for me.

Next problem is to try and find anywhere in France that sell those 1 tonne bags to store the sand in, any suggestions appreciated.

I noticed this morning that my Brico-Depot is selling sable 0/2 in leetle big bahgs but at €23 for 0.25m3 its darned expensive but you do get the bag thrown in.

Leroy also sell smaller big bags (around €5 IIRC) which are often more convenient and the ones at B-D this morning looked the same size.

• 3 months later...
We were lucky enough to be left 2 beeg bahgs when the sand was delivered for our fs; I use them for garden rubbish which is great as I can just shove one full of leaves into the back of the break, and the guy at the dechetterie helps me tip it in the benne....

Soft sand is called river sand at our local quarries....it's sometimes black, but sometimes they have some that looks as if it's come straight from a pale golden beach...

Archived