Complete France Forum

Finding tradesmen to insulate and plasterboard a room near Fontenay le Comte

Rtony

I need a room insulating and plasterboarding in a house near Fontenay le Comte this July but am finding it almost impossible to get anybody interested.

I've been in contact with builders and plasterers, using Yellow Pages, I've contacted 2 'find a tradesman' type agencies who send your details to all relevant local tradesmen. I even contacted the local builder who came to the house but never came back.

I live in England, which shouldn't make any difference.

Has anybody any suggestions? ( apart from diy, which I may have to).

Thanks

I've been looking for months.

I've requested meetings at the house to quote for the work in the middle of May and mentioned that I would like it doing around the beginning of July. So plenty of notice. I've also posted photos.

I've had an email response from a plasterer who agreed to come in May but after asking if he could do the work in July I've had no reply. I'll have to wait and see.

I would think that it's a week's work so worth doing.

Hi Andy.

I wouldn't have thought, plasterboarding and insulating a 6m x 7m room, all walls and ceiling was a small job.

I'm there in May and I'm there in July. During the last 25 years that I've been going to France their main holiday month has been August.

If I can't get anyone to do it I'll take some Brits over with me in July.

Archived