Complete France Forum

The procedure with Consuel

MrsB

We are in the process of setting up our permanent supply of electricity.

The man from Consuel has been and found three faults. Our electrician has since been and fixed them.

Now I am completely flummoxed as to how to proceed from here. I keep going in to the consuel site and searching in 'mon espace' it says: ' Dossier en attente de déclaration de mise en conformité et de visite renouvelée avec règlement.'

but do not understand what I need to do. Should I fill in a form? Send an e mail? Or just wait?

I hope some one can sign post me in the right direction.

Thanks

your electrician should know the procedure by heart, however 3 non conformities requiring a contra visite is very very serious , they only revisit for something dangerous like a lack of earthing, perhaps he isnt really an electrician or perhaps they have their eye on him as a dodgy one to keep on top of.

The electrician should submit the declaration that he has corrected the errors, he should book and attend a new inspection, and in my view he, not you should pay for it.

What were the non-conformities?

Editted, it has just dawned on me that your "electrician" cannot be a registered electrician as they issue their own attestations de conformité and there is no Consuel visit apart from some random ones to check up on them.

To add to the above question, are you certain that he has corrected the non conformities as it is effectively you that are making the attestation?

Chance, yours is a helpful post for Mrs B

For additional information, here is my own experience.

In our previous house, the electrics were part of those for the other house on the site (previous person owned both properties).  We had an electrician to check all of the installation and he gave us a certificat de conformité.  He applied for and arranged for an EDF representative to call and we were given our own meter and connected.

We didn't ourselves had to fill in any forms, made any phone calls or do anything else.  Apart from paying a sizeable amount, of course[:D]

• 2 weeks later...
We are in a similar position - I have just started another post because I am stuck with the Consuel website. With regard to arranging a second visit, they emailed me a declaration letter for us to fill in when we had completed the work. Because we wanted an inspection when we were there, I sent off the cheque saying that we would be there between two dates and could we have an inspection either then or if not between two other dates in December. However, they ignored that and arranged a visit the day after we left the first time. Although I advised them we would not be there, the inspector visited, waited for half an hour, and sent us a bill for 190 euros which I have disputed but no reply. To avoid this happening again, I want to be able to use the website to pay but can't add the dossier to my espace client. Not sure which part of France you are in but I have email addresses for the Consuel office in Blagnac if that would help. Just send me a pm as I guess I shouldn't post them on here.

Archived